ProZ.com believes in improving oneself
If you are already taking calls or you wish to start taking calls with ProZ.com, here you will find a list of recommended training sessions and courses that you can take as part of your path to become a fully-fledged interpreter. Most of the incoming calls to the ProZ.com Interpreter Network are medical calls, so the team has put together this list to help you get training and start receiving medical calls.
General medical terminology courses
This are courses for interpreters who haven't receiving any formal medical training at all.
- Coursera and University of Pittsburgh Clinical Terminology course
- edX and DOANEX Medical Terminology course
- Penn Foster Career Schoool Medical Terminology course
- Des Moines University Medical Terminology Course
- Udemy medical terminology course
ProZ.com Healthcare Training sessions
These are training sessions hosted by ProZ.com. These courses are taken by industry professionals who want to advance their skills. Some of them can be purchased in a bundle at discounted prices.
- Healthcare Interpreting Level 1
- Terminology for Medicine & HC Level 1
- Terminology for Medicine & HC Level 2
- Terminology for Medicine & HC Level 3
- Terminology for Medicine & HC Level 4
Medical Interpreter Courses
These are programs designed for those interpreters wanting to specialize in medical interpreting. These are the minimum certifications that every medical interpreter should have. Courses vary in length from 40 to 180 hours and more (some even 2000 hours). If you don't have these certifications and want to become a full-time professional medical interpreter, you should definitely make sure that you will complete one of these programs any time soon.
- MiTio 60-hour course
- MiTio 160-hour course
- Medical Interpreting Training School 40-hour course
- ALTA 40-hour course
- MCIS 40-hour course
Free Interpreter Network courses for remote interpreters
These courses are accessible to all the interpreters who are part of the ProZ.com Interpreter Network or who are completing the process to join. These courses are designed to improve the skills of interpreters who are just starting out and to provide the required certifications for those who wish to start taking calls with ProZ.com. The courses are hosted on the EdApp platform and require you to create an account using a passcode. Create an account on the EdApp platform using this passcode ieEnmWF2972pM.