While most experienced language professionals know how to invoice their clients, sometimes calculating taxes, keeping a good backup or sending reminders complicates the process and takes time, extra time they could use on actual projects, marketing or learning. Not to mention the number of late or incomplete invoices that result in non-payment issues!
ProZ.com has a tool that allows language professionals to invoice clients in any part of the world, in any language and currency. Linguists focus on translating (or any service they offer), the ProZ.com invoicing tool takes care of their invoicing.
What does the tool offer?
If you are a language professional, ProZ.com invoicing allows you to:
- create invoices in different languages
- add taxes
- specify deductions
- keep a back-up
- mark invoices as paid or overdue
- download copies in .PDF format
- insert online payment options
- send reminders
I find the invoicing tool to be incredibly useful. It has reduced my stress level considerably and allowed me to concentrate on what I'm good at: translating. - Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales
1. Open the invoicing dashboard page and click on "Create a new invoice".
2. Complete your invoice:
- Specify a client (registered at ProZ.com or not).
- Select invoice options (date, currency, language, etc.).
- Enter project details, including adjustments or taxes.
3. Click on "Save and send" to specify outsourcer contact details and a message before sending your invoice.
Need to be paid?
Get paid faster with ProZ*Pay (bank transfers, PayPal, Payoneer, Wise.com, World Remit (mobile money), Skrill, Remitly, cash pickup, cryptocurrency (members only) and more.
Just remember, when looking for new clients, it is important that you get ready in advance to do business with them. Drafting an invoice or setting up a payment method when the client has been already found may be too late. Do not wait until a project is assigned to you. Get ready now, get paid on time then.